After working on so many Laravel projects that required creating APIs and scaffold CRUD, the problem that we faced was, every time we were creating bunch of repeated files like Migration, Model, Controller, Repository and even test cases.
So we started searching a way to streamline this process, and that's how my very first laravel package laravel-api-generator package was born. In just few days it got a huge attraction and laravel community started using it and came back with various feature requests, pull requests and issues.
Everything was running fine, but still, we were not fully satisfied with features where we can have the option to generate test cases, swagger annotations, auth scaffold, layouts and scaffold templates of your choice of CSS framework like bootstrap, materializecss, semantic-ui etc.
We decided to rewrite the package from scratch with a new name in a fully modular way with a bunch of new features. By the time we created this new package laravel-api-generator.
Here is the full feature list of the package:
- Test Cases
- API Generator
- Scaffold Generator
- AdminLTE Templates support
- CoreUI Templates support
- Relationships support (Beta)
- Swagger Generation
- Support for all Laravel versions 6.0, 7.0 & 8.0
- Generate CRUD from existing Table
- Advance Prefix/Sub folder Options
- Save schema & Generate CRUD from schema file
- Support to Publish and Customize templates
- One click clone Boilerplates
- Publish Layout for admin panel & Auth files
- Individual commands for file generation
- Rollback command to delete generated files
Let's get started with installation.