A look at what coming to Laravel 10Laravel
I am personally really excited about Laravel 10, are you also excited :) ?. the expected release date for Laravel 10 is 7th February 2023.
In this tutorial, we are going to cover new features and changes from Laravel 10.
Laravel 10 will be released by 7th February 2023 and below is a list of annual release dates.
- Laravel 9: February 8th, 2022
- Laravel 10: February 7th, 2023
- Laravel 11: February 6th, 2024
Drop Support for PHP 8.0
Laravel 10 dropping support for PHP <= 8.0, the minimum requirement to run Laravel 10 is PHP 8.1
Deprecations from Laravel 9
In Laravel 10 some of Laravel 9 methods will be deprecated, here is the list.
- Remove various deprecations
- Remove deprecated dates property
- Remove handleDeprecation method
- Remove deprecated assertTimesSent method
- Remove deprecated ScheduleListCommand's $defaultName property
- Remove deprecated Route::home method
- Remove deprecated dispatchNow functionality
Native type declarations in Laravel 10 skeleton
In Laravel 10 the code userland generated by framework will contain the type-hints and return types.
Types will be added into latest PHP type-hinting features to Laravel projects without breaking backward compatibility at the framework level:
- Return types
- Method arguments
- Redundant annotations are removed where possible
- Allow user land types in closure arguments
- Does not include typed properties
Any Many more
Hope that will be usefull.