User Acceptance Technique is widely used for its efficiency and effectiveness.If we followed all steps of User Acceptance correctly then it will increase the satisfaction of a Customer.
UAT is a process of verifying that a Software or a System works appropriately as per the User Requirement.The main purpose of this testing is to ensure that a software system is all set to be in front of users in a real world.This testing phase also known as Beta and End-user testing and is mostly considered during the web development process to ensure that software is ready for the final installation for the Client site.
Types of User Acceptance Testing
- Alpha & Beta Testing: Alpha testing is done by the staff members only on an internal whereas beta testing includes the Customer's environment with the help of some customer who will going to use our System or Software.
- Black Box Testing: This type of functional testing includes all functionalities of the System without knowing the internal code structure.
- Contract Acceptance Testing: In Contract type testing, software is tested against some criteria which are already predefined in a proper contract.
- Operational Acceptance Testing: This type of Acceptance testing ensure that all the workflow used in system are working properly.
- Regulation Acceptance Testing: Compliance Acceptance Testing helps in investigate the software fulfils all the guidelines of legal and governmental process.
Criteria Before Perform User Acceptance Testing
- Entire application code should be up to date.
- Integration testing, unit testing and System testing must be completed before we perform User Acceptance Testing.
- There should not be any high/medium faults in the Integration phase of Testing.
- There must be no major defect in the Regression Testing.
- All the error/defects must get solved which we face during the testing and then testing should be done again to verify the error got fixed or not.
Involvement of Users in User Acceptance Testing:
The group is most essential for the UAT must include real end users that will going to perform a test on your system.The stakeholder and other group must incorporated that means an individual of every group is involved in the development phase must be in the team.
Start User Acceptance Testing:
After the explanation of UAT as above, you must get clear about what and why UAT must include in the software development phase. Mainly there are total of four steps that must be considered but it will depend on the number of user that will take advantage of software. The main criteria that must be followed in the software are the ‘working’ requirement of the assembled application. You can easily get a hang of it from the stories of users or system requirements. The second step is to create some test cases for UAT. User Acceptance Testcases are the test steps sets, expected results and execution conditions must be developed for some specific purpose.
These are some main points of the User Acceptance Testing that is used in the development cycle. The projects are reduced to the like of any errors that are elevated and it will reduce the total work required in the maintenance or development phase. On above all of that , you will get a happy and satisfied user that will give you more revenue.